1. One should save his money against hard times, save his wife at the sacrifice of his riches, but invariably one should save his soul even at the sacrifice of his wife and riches.
2.Do not inhabit a country where you are not respected, cannot earn your livelihood, have no friends, or cannot acquire knowledge.
3. Test a servant while in the discharge of his duty, a relative in difficulty, a friend in adversity, and a wife in misfortune.
4. Women have hunger two-fold, shyness four-fold, daring six-fold, and lust eight-fold as compared to men.
5. Separation from the wife, disgrace from one’s own people, an enemy saved in battle, service to a wicked king, poverty, and a mismanaged assembly: these six kinds of evils, if afflicting a person, burn him even without fire.
6. They are fearless who remain always alert.
7.These five: the life-span, the type of work, wealth, learning and the time of one’s death are determined while one is in the womb.
8. When one is consumed by the sorrows of life, three things give him relief: offspring, a wife, and the company of the Lord’s devotees.
9. A young wife is poison to an aged man.
10. There is no disease (so destructive) as lust; no enemy like infatuation; no fire
like wrath; and no happiness like spiritual knowledge.
11.Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.
12.He who lives in our mind is near though he may actually be far away; but he who is not in our heart is far though he may really be nearby.
13.Once you start a working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.
14.The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.
15.The world’s biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman.